|Photo courtesy of Death To Stock Photo.|
I've been using/creating/consuming social media content for over a decade now. I remember coding my first blog in HTML back in 2005, while taking a graduate class in eCommerce at McGill University. Then came Blogger.com, podcasting, Facebook, Twitter and the rest.
I was recently asked to recommend my "top 5 books/blogs/websites for social marketing beginners", and, always willing to help out, I thought I expand on the question and list 5 of each, adding a twist to it and including 5 Experts.
Now of course, this list is far from complete, and the limit has forced me to really narrow down to the "top" sources. I'll revisit each categories in later posts and expend.
5 Books for Social Media Marketing Beginners:
- Tribes by Seth Godin - This book is not specifically about social media, you'll learn how to differentiate yourself on social media and standing out.
- The Now Revolution by Jay Baer and Amber Naslund - It's all about the NOW.
- Renegades Write The Rules by Amy Jo Martin - Using social media to innovate.
- The Social Employee by Cheryl Burgess and Mark Burgess - The title says it all.
- The Content Formula by Michael Brenner and Liz Bedor - The ROI of Content Marketing.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk - BONUS Book!
5 Blogs for Social Media Marketing Beginners:
- Convince and Convert
- Business 2 Community - Digital & Social
- Buffer Blog
- Social Media Today
- Social Media Examiner